- Review (and possibly suspend aspects of) the organization’s document destruction policy and e-mail deletion program.
- Appoint a document custodian and/or an electronic document custodian, if needed.
- Conduct evidence searches in pertinent locations.
- Send written requests for evidence to organizational personnel and relevant third-parties.
- Maintain chain-of-custody.
- Follow applicable evidence collection methodology.
- Collect and record evidence.
- Identify, collect, and record additional evidence developed through further questioning of persons and/or analysis of existing evidence.
For assistance with conducting internal investigations, contact attorneys Michael L. Buckner (email@example.com; +1-954-941-1844 ext. 1) or Lori A. Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org; +1-954-941-1844 ext. 7).