The contents of an investigation plan should include, at a minimum, the following elements:
- Allegations, issues, topics and matters to be examined during the investigation.
- Detailed investigative task list, including:
- Identification of responsibilities for each investigation team member.
- Estimate of timeline (i.e., anticipated start and completion dates) for each investigative task.
- Plan and procedure for client-investigator communication.
- Identification of staff, areas, offices, and departments that will be involved in the investigation.
- Identification of additional expertise of logistical support required by the investigator.
- Expected fees and costs.
- Milestones and report dates.
- Possible outcomes.
- Review the plan periodically during the course of the inquiry.
- Revise the plan when additional information or feedback is obtained during the investigation.
For assistance with conducting internal investigations, contact attorneys Michael L. Buckner (email@example.com; +1-954-941-1844 ext. 1) or Lori A. Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org; +1-954-941-1844 ext. 7).